POSITION: Architectural Millwork, Fixture, and Cabinet Installer
Department: Manufacturing Support
Department No: 0331150
Reports to: Millwork Installation Foreman
Work Schedule: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm or some variation thereof based on customer and team needs, Monday-Friday. Overtime will be requested based upon business need and may be mandatory.
Location: Norco, CA
Exemption status: Non-exempt (Hourly)
Job Code: 3919
EEO: Craft Workers
Work Comp: 8145
Benefits Tier: 3
The Millwork Installer is expected to be able to install custom, high-end millwork for commercial projects. The person assuming this position must be proficient in installing architectural millwork, fixtures, and cabinetry.
Essential Duties + Responsibilities
- Ability to read and follow the blueprints, drawings, specifications, and other documents concerning assigned projects.
- Must have own tools and transportation.
- High attention to detail and perform quality work for our clients.
- Work efficiently and quickly.
- Must be able to take direction and give direction.
- Look and act in a professional manner.
To perform this job successfully; the employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable employee-owners with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Required demands include:
- Manual dexterity -- Ability to be able to move your hands quickly to grasp, manipulate, or assemble.
- Extent Flexibility -- The ability to bend stretches, twist, or reach with your body, arms, and/or legs. Typically bends, stoops, and turns/pivots to move perform production activities.
- Trunk Strength -- The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without 'giving out' or fatiguing.
- Static Strength -- The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull, or carry objects up to 70 pounds on a rare basis, 21-50 pounds occasionally, and up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis. Typically pushes, pulls, and grasps wood products to complete production tasks. A 2-person lift is required for anything over 50 pounds.
- Stamina -- The ability to exert you physically over long periods of time without getting winded or out of breath; must be able to walk/stand for the duration of the assigned shift in intervals of 3-4 hours in department assigned.
- Dynamic Strength -- The ability to exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue.
- Multi-limb Coordination -- The ability to coordinate two or more limbs (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while sitting or standing.
- Typically requires full use of arms and hands to reach overhead, forward, and out to the sides to lift, rotate, carry, etc. wood products and/or tools.
- Gross Body Coordination -- The ability to coordinate the movement of your arms, legs, and torso together when the whole body is in motion while performing production functions.
- See, Hear and Communicate -- Sufficient capability to perform assigned tasks and maintain proper job safety conditions.
WB Powell is a manufacturer of custom cabinetry products; the incumbent could also be exposed to dust, various temperatures, fumes and loud noise in the factory or job site setting. Due to regular time spent in these areas, the incumbent must be able to tolerate some exposure to these work place characteristics. The incumbent must also follow all company safety procedures; including wearing required personal protective equipment while performing their installation duties.
- Experience: 4+ years’ experience as cabinetmaker or in architectural millwork and fixture installation.
- Experience: Use of wood shop tools including electric tool, staple/nail guns, table saw, belt sander, screw gun, drill and tape measure required.
- Must possess extensive and current knowledge of product and product applications, along with understanding application and modification capabilities.
- Must be able to stand, kneel and crouch for long periods of time.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolding.
- Must be able to work in high places and in small cramped places.
- Must be able to work in hot humid places as well as cold places.
- Analytical thought process to work through problems out in the field with little or no supervision.
- Professional demeanor who stays well-composed while under pressure maintaining positive attitude at all times in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work alone or as a team member with minimal supervision.
- Flexibility is required, as the incumbent will be assigned to various projects/locations depending on work load and project schedules.
- Willing to work overtime as needed and exceeding 12 hour days with overnight stays, and be able to work well under the pressure of deadlines.
- Professional attributes including professionalism, self-motivation, self-discipline, integrity, focus and attention to detail is critical.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiple, and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fraction, and decimals.
- Must maintain safe maintenance practices and adhere to safety requirements.
- Must be willing to fly or drive to worksite with short notice provided.
- Travel: To and from various jobsites 100% of the time. Overnight stays may be required.